Window or Mirror

Hello, this week I will talk about the last book I finished, and if the book is a window or a mirror. A window story is a story that doesn’t have parts that would relate to you, an example of this would be a war story that takes place in 1918, because this story would have nothing to do with me. A mirror story would be a book that you read and it reminds you of your life, an example of this would be a book about hockey, because I play hockey.

The book that I am reading is called Serafina and the Twisted Staff. This book has parts that are a window, and parts that are mirrors. One of the main mirrors in this book is it takes place in North Carolina which is the state I live in, and I have actually seen the Biltmore which is where this book takes place.

I would say that this book is mostly a window to me. Some of the main windows in this book is it take place in 1895 when the Biltmore was finished being built. This series also has some parts that have to do with dark magic, and as far as I know that doesn’t have to do with me.

If you like mystery books and are looking for a series to read, I would definitely recommend you read the first book in the series Serafina and the Black Cloak. This book is about mysterious things happening around the Biltmore, and they have to figure out what is happening before it is too late.

Published in6th Grade

4 Comments

1. 27ammonf

I really liked the mirror when you said that the book takes place in North Carolina and you live there I thought that was a great detail. Overall I really liked this post it was genuine and I think I might be reading this book soon.

2. 27wesleyp

This books sounds like a great book! I also would agree it sounds more like a window. Nice job!

3. 27annas

I like how you explained what a window and mirror is and gave examples!

4. 27larryy

Like the book choice as well as as taking a stance at what kind of book the book is