Family Biscuits

Our family loves biscuits and Nonnie (grand mother) and I love making them. Plus it is probaly the most important recipe in our family. It was my dad’s grand mother’s recipe and she loved cooking and probaly started cooking for our family. Now we have her rolling pin, her cooking boards, and cutters for biscuits. It’s a family favorite.

I love this recipe because it’s so flaky and just melts in your mouth. Ok here it is. First you put in all the dry ingredents as in flour and baking powder. First put 2 cups of all purpose flour then add 1 tablespoon of baking powder. Next you put in 1 teaspoon of salt and and 1 tablespoon of white sugar. Next part you need a helper, you slowly add in the 1 cup of milk while the other person is mixing it with their hands until the batter is mixed right. Helpful hint: if you see like a little flour or something like that you have to mix it because good chance the batter you can’t see has it too. Then you cover the bowl with wax paper so the dough rises in the bowl so it becomes flaky. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then take the biscuit mix add a little flour to ball of dough and start kneading the dough about 10 times. Then roll the dough with the rolling pin and then cut in any size you want then repeat till there is no more dough. Then you put them in the oven for 13 -15 minutes on 425 degrees. Then put whatever you desire.

Published inUncategorized

4 Comments

1. Samiya

I love how you like cooking so much! Especially with your Nonnie😊 I Seoul’s try making some of these!

2. 27annas

That is actually really useful! I might try it out!

3. 27aravg

That’s looks cool

4. 27annal

The biscuits sound amazing!