Complex Creations

This week I’m doing a follow up on my post last week with a post about the best plating designs and pattern like a qustric or just lines swirls or arches. First I will teach you about qustric which is when you spoon down a thicker sauce then swipe the spoon across the plate which is more of the common styles of plating, this is mostly used on a little higher than a normal plate or could be elevated or normal dish.

The next strategy of plating is swirls and and dots which is probably the coolest type of plating and what’s really cool because it is usually used in small asian plates like dumplings or just really high end small plates and so it’s design like a picture that is zoomed in.

Another way to plate a dish is to just simply make a circle around a dish then put a small container on the ring which is a genius idea because you get the delight of it looking like a dish and it being pretty and you get the pleasure of the sauce then you get with just a ring.

One thing that you remember is you eat with your eyes not just your mouth.

Published inUncategorized

4 Comments

1. 27colem

I haves seen some of those plating techniques on a cooking show. It looks very cool.

2. 27zanes

I like how you gave examples so the reader (me) can understand.

3. 27avat

DINNER IS SERVED! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope my mom will try this.

4. 27emmab

Those dishes look soooooo great! my mouth is watering just looking at them! I wonder if people actually draw intrecit little designs on the plates?